Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Web Site Meter Reader


After a couple months of participating in the "blogosphere", (which has now nearly been Twittered to death)I put a counter on my page so that I could feel more popular and thus sleep better at night. It lets me know how many people visit and how long they stay-
There is a kind of neat function called Referrals where I can see if people came directly to my site (friends and acquaintances) or if they gotten here by searching for something. Some of the results have been troubling, but I have soldiered on. I have also gotten hits from searches on:

Stinky+Feet+Sex (I have used those three words, but never ever together.)

Lolita+Nude (I am not what they were looking for, so they only stayed for 0.0 seconds. Still makes me feel icky.)

As soon as the Boosh hit the States, I started getting 30 hits a day on old+gregg+costume, which is nice-

But two days ago, I recieved a visit from someone interested in:

Buy+Crack+Smoking+Equipment

And I have got to say, kids, please don't do searches on the computer on where to buy crack smoking equipment. This is something you should learn on the streets. Approach a disreputable adult, or someone who frequently sells stolen goods at three in the morning. They'll know.

Postscript: I am republishing this post because I got a hit on where+to+buy+crack+in+los+angeles, and I think the answer is: Los Angeles.

Post-postscript: I just got a hit for virginia+jones+breasts, and I would like to say that while I am flattered, those are still available for private viewing only.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:49 PM

    Thats frickin' hilarious!!! If only it gave you the names and addresses of the kind of people who looked up 'gothic'+'lolita'+'nude'

    ...then you could profile states and see where the weirdest people are. Hmmmm my friend was looking for thesis ideas ...better note that one down.

    ...though, to be fair, Texas would win hands down lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:21 PM

    Kaiser Wilhelm really let himself go in the later years.

    ReplyDelete