Thursday, March 12, 2009

Don't Be A Berkeley Hunt

So, this is a fact that a lotta people don't know and I'm gonna try to work into my segment in the fine feature film, I'm Vegan.:
In Cockney Rhyming slang,
"I'm going to the Fatboy Slim" means "I'm going to the gym."
To call someone a "Berk" is short for "Berkely Hunt", which rhymes with something that is the reason why the Mighty Boosh can never be shown in prime time in England, because the inoffensive-sounding "berk" is slang for something very dirty.
In cockney, to say something is Kevin Keegan, the legendary footballer and coach, means that something is vegan. Keegan himself is not free of animal products, and also if one were to cannibalize him, that would not be considered Keegan.

I took a picture of this sign at work, which makes me laugh but doesn't make anyone else laugh. I think it's Eddie. (eddie money=funny.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:23 PM

    I don't understand any of this post.

    ReplyDelete