Friday, February 19, 2010

I Slept Like Shit And I Have The Graph To Prove It

It is a strange comfort to me that Iphone Sleep Cycle app recorded that I woke up three times last night. I didn't really "wake up" on my own, the other member of my family is operating on some sort of group insomnia campaign. He doesn't like to be awake and unhappy on his own, so he woke me up to ask if I knew where the melatonin was, to curse at the dog, and to let me know that he still wasn't sleeping.
This is a bastardization of the true purpose of the Sleep Cycle app. What my phone wants to do is keep track of when I'm closest to waking up (through recording my movement during the night) and play me a song, so I can wake up refreshed from my lightest phase of sleep and feel ready to attack the day, and not in the throes of that dream where my Dad is a cross-dressing Hitler. Nobody cares but my telephone. Also, everybody's got something to hide but me and my monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment