Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Emo Clause

The Emo Clause is: in order to tell if you will get any presents this year, you have to hang a soaking-wet woolen sock full of coleslaw on the living room mantel, and watch as the mayonnaise sauce drippings form a portrait on your shiny wooden parquet. If you've been a good boy or girl, you'll see the lovable mug of Ernest Borgnine . If you've been bad, Nina Hagen's visage will let you know your friends have been steering you wrong.

Emo is making a rare Oregon appearance in January, and as a star of this caliber, you have probably guessed that he'll be performing at Joker's Bar and Grill in Bend, OR.

Please let me know if you would like to hop into a middle-aged Volvo on January 24th and go see the man ripped off by Hot Topic in live person, and we'll make an evening of it, or as long as it takes us to post bail.

Postscript: I wrote Emo's agent to inquire after a gig in Portland proper so we can hold our heads high in front of Bend, but apparently the "big" comedy club in town balks at paying anyone much more than fifty bucks and free nachos.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:45 PM

    My favorite Emo quote, from a 2000 interview with the Onion AV Club:

    O: You're married now, though. How is married life treating you?

    EP: It's very, very nice. I'm on the road and I miss her terribly, but I'm sure that once I have kids it'll be great being on the road. I've always wanted to have a wonderful, beautiful wife who loves me to death, and she's always wanted to be an American, so it's working out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. Me me me! Middle-aged me in middle-aged Volvo to see Golden Age superhero.
    Aged.

    ReplyDelete