Thursday, July 31, 2008

Knockout at the Fez, Part 1!

Will Woodruff
vs
Kyle Harbert

Cody Smith
vs
Richard Bain

Virginia Jones
vs
Andrew Dhulst

Holli Pappan
vs
Russell Parker

Nathan Brannon
vs
Casey Kendall

Chris Castles
vs
Tristian Spillman

Veronica Heath
vs
Cody Cooper

Gabe Dinger
vs
Dan Cossette

Above are the results (in bold) for the first heat of the Comedy Knockout at the Fez last night. It was a great night and I hope that some folks (especially people who like me and who are LOUD) will come out next Wednesday to watch us whittle 8 to 1! The sets are three minutes long and the competition is fierce. Fierce I tell you!
One feature of the show is that the comics don't know who they're against or even when they're going up until the emcee says their name, which has the refreshing effect of making me want to vomit until the moment I'm onstage.
Guest Headliners Auggie Smith and Lonnie Bruhn stopped in to recreate their head-to-head competition in Portland comedy in 1992, except drunker, but with the same results of Lonnie-dominance.
Ooh, looks like Gabe Dinger has a road gig next week and has to bow out- the plot thickens!
Many thanks to Brain Fluid at the Fez for hosting and Dylan K. for organizing this event, it's been fun so far and will continue to be so until I am eliminated, at which point it will suck and everyone involved is a jerkface.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:23 PM

    Congrats to the Virg and all else who won. Too bad bars think I'm poison, else I would see it. Oh well, 3 years to go.

    ReplyDelete