Friday, June 15, 2007

Sha-Zam!

Emily drinks a glass of magician water.

I am proud to announce that my sister, a week after moving to Noo Yawk, has landed a gig as David Blaine's P.A. She is on call 24 hours a day to pick up his magic pants and get his magic coffee. I was then in the position where I had to explain to my mother who David Blaine is. I went with: he's a magician who doesn't so much do tricks as he performs feats of putting up with extreme inconvenience, such as living in a fishbowl or starving above London in a glass box, or indeed living in New York City. And then she asked me a question that I can't answer: "In what way does that make him a magician?"

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:17 AM

    Wow thats amazing about ur sis so not only do I now know a comedian who works in Nike HQ, I have direct linkage to David Blaine ...not that that is really any use lol.

    Oh and Konnichiwa from Japan! Im killing time in the Apple Store before I head to the airport ...heading to Sydney tonight. So aye, catch ya later!

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping in, angel! Have an Aussieriffic time!

    ReplyDelete