Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I swear, I never do this...

I hardly ever use this space to tell bitchy stories- but.

I was in a meeting yesterday and the fire alarm went off. It's 100 dB's or somesuch, right on the threshold of being painful.

Now, we get a false alarm every couple months, so I am perfectly willing to wait five minutes or so to see if it abates, but then it was still going off, so I left the building.

The rest of the meeting KEPT GOING, I guess they were just yelling over the alarm. I decided, I have two dogs who depend on me, and my life is worth more than sports product, and I went downstairs with the other, normal people. It was a sunny, beautiful day, and it's not bad at all to stand around in the sun, waiting for the hook and ladder truck to show up.

The Happy Valley/Tualatin fire department pulled up in their heavy fire gear, went in and looked around, and then took their gear off and reset the alarm, and I went back upstairs, and was greeted by one of women from the meeting with:

"You didn't come back to the meeting?"

I said, I'm coming back now. The alarm's off. Now is the time for coming back.

"Oh, we thought it was probably a false alarm, did you not hearing us call after you?
Oh, you probably had your headphones on."

I DIDN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE THE ALARM WAS ON! IT WAS A FIRE ALARM! THAT MEANS GET OUT!

I knew it was probably a false alarm, but if I die because I didn't evacuate during a fire alarm, I'm the a**hole, you know? Nobody ever said, she was a real hero. She burned to death trying to help Asia get their line to market on time.

I called a friend to tell her about the incident, and she said, man, I’m sorry. I asked, why are you sorry? She said, I burned popcorn and it set off the fire alarm.


So, in other news, I need a new friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment