Thursday, August 07, 2008

Knockout at the Fez, Part 2!

To those who were interested in last night's Knockout finals at the Fez:
At the opening, host Dylan K. announced that instead of random matchups, comics would be called upon to CHOOSE their rivals in reality-show style, which left us all atwitter. Should we pick the strongest opponent and try to knock 'em out? The weakest, that we hope we can pick off? Our heads swam with logistics and nausea. The first round results: (winners in BOLD)
Tristian Spillman vs. Virginia Jones
Cody Cooper vs. The Dan Cossette (reinstated to sub for Gabe Dinger)
My name came out of the hat for the next round. I picked Cody Cooper because he had beaten me to win the last Knockout at the Vegan Pirate Restaurant that became the Vegan Pirate Strip Bar, and is now the Unoccupied Building. And then, Cody Cooper ate my lunch.
Virginia Jones vs. Cody Cooper
Richard Bain vs. Russell Parker
Richard accepted the loss with grace and aplomb and left, wiping his ass with the microphone on his way out, leaving Cody Cooper to battle Russell Parker.
After two applause breaks, the judges could not come to a final decision between Cody and Russell, so they became co-finalists, receiving one golden glove and $75 apiece. I just made $75 at work in the time I've wasted on my blog today, so it's no skin off my nose, believe!
(sob!)

No comments:

Post a Comment