Saturday, October 25, 2008

Catching up with the Jones!

Lene Lovich and Nina Hagen enjoy Halloween

You know, part of the reason I wanted to start a blog was so that I would do more stuff to talk about - to tend to say "yes" instead of "no" to invitations, and to get out and do comedy- in the short-term, it looks like I am doing too much actual stuff to actually post to my blog very much- this is like the Chinese curse, May You Live In Interesting Times.

Up and Coming: Halloween! I love Halloween. It's like Christmas to me. Our costumes are ready, our hooker stockings are hung by the medicine cabinet with care- I was excited to see that the party at the Fez (after the Famous Mysterious Actor show at Berbati's!) is hosting a costume party themed for television and pop stars, (We are Lene Lovich and Nina Hagen!) Wish me luck-

Eugene! I am excited about the all-girl laugh-fest coming up the weekend of the 14th and 15th, and looking forward to meeting more funny ladies and making up more jokes on the only topics we work around, dating, dogs, and dieting!

Chariots of Rubber! I have recently been cast in Jeffrey Wonderful's musical about Demolition Derby, love, and Cindy, the Erotic Pleaser as a Backup Dancer, so I can add that distinction to my resume! I have NO idea when or where it will premiere, but it is going to be FANTASTIC. They told me I could tap dance in it. Equal parts Hedwig, Rocky Horror, Grease, and giant, talking nipples.


Exclamation Mark!

I leave you with a Fact-of-The Day quote from John Hodgman's very funny new book, More Information Than You Require:

HALLOWE'EN: Originally called Samhain, this is the traditional Pagan-American holiday when we ask our children to consider the fragility of life by dressing them in darkly colored costumes and vision-impairing masks and encouraging them to walk around in the road.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:16 AM

    My lovely,

    I get the "got thing" but your screen is so dark I can hardly read where to post a comment. Anyways, I'm feeling a lot of love for VJ right now. That's all.

    xoxo

    Mommy

    ReplyDelete