Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oh Max Rider! How I Detest You.

Oh people. I try to be positive. We're all on this earth together. And granted, I've been moody this week. Listen, I really am so proud of Portlanders who take the train and leave their cars at home. But this week I have shared the train with some amazing folks.
This dude felt that his music selection was SO AMAZING that he needed to play it out loud on his tinny Iphone speakers, and everyone in the section had to spend extra energy studiously ignoring him. The only song I recognized was "Let It Be", because the sound quality sounded like it was being played off of a flexi-disk with an unbent paperclip. He also had those "baby" earplugs, which I feel are bullsh*t. What, did you use a paper-punch?
This guy in the ugly hat didn't do anything wrong, but I wanted to commemorate the moment- I got to enjoy a double feature from the guy next to me. The first reel was Fat F*cker Eats A Box Of Fried Chicken On The MAX. The second reel was Greasy-Fingered Fat Guy Operates an Iphone. I like to think the guy in the hat outside is also watching the phenomenon of the chicken-eater.
This guy in the cowboy hat was hitting on a teenager who had the unfortunate luck of being seated next to him- loudly, and at great length. In this photo, he is looking at me taking a picture of a pedophile.
One time in 2005, a guy moved so I could hang my bike and not get kicked off the train. I hate every other person on every other train besides him.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:34 PM

    I always liked taking the Max more than taking the bus though. One time I was riding in on the 19 and the guy in front of me had a tattoo pretty high on the back of his neck, written in a serif-y script, that said: Herpes. I am not making this up. Totally have two (crappy) camera pics to prove it. At least 5 people looked at me while I was trying to take the pics w/o him noticing and turning around.
    I had more random conversations on the Max (and definitely got hit on more when riding the Max), but talked to more people on a regular basis on the bus. Strangely friends with a guy on Twitter now because I talked to him one day on the ride home (he works at The Oregonian, but took the buyout so his last day is next week). That's all.

    ReplyDelete