Thursday, October 02, 2008

Dark Day

I was in a meeting, and the presenter said that in a women's sportswear line we wanted to pursue the fun and surrealism of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, with the intellect and wit of Janeane Garofalo.

I tried to look on the bright side- after all, it's been several years since people were saying "bling" or "Ghetto Fabulous", and it's been a year since anyone tried to drop "kawaii" into a sentence about performance sportswear. It has only been a month since I had to endure someone repeating "manga" meaninglessly when they meant "anime." But really, what kind of sense does that make? In what way are pants like Janeane Garofalo?

Why won't the earth open up and swallow me whole?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:34 AM

    ....so basically they want a baked out of her gourd version of "Kathy"? I don't get it either, that makes no sense at all. One has even less to do with the other, so I can't see them blended. I want to find that woman and smack her about the head and face with my enormous chi-chi's.

    ReplyDelete