Thursday, May 10, 2007

They're Trying To Drive Me Mad!


I try to maintain a certain level of positivity on this page, so the tack I am taking on repeated changes to Stephen Colbert's Amateur Comedy Contest is:

Good news! If you were concerned that you would not be able to attend the final cut and showcase for this performance, today I have received word that the Dante's show on the 16th at 7:30 will only cut two comics, and the FINAL FINAL FINAL show between the final three will occur EDIT the first week of June at a venue to be named later! Oh my, this is the hardest I've ever worked to not win something, ever! The sets are getting tighter, the comedy's getting sharper, these shows are a lot of fun, and also there's always the possibility someone will throw up from nerves. Please come.

If you didn't make it to Grand Theft Pizza Party at Ash Street last night, you can listen to how fun it was here. You've gotta check this show out next month, June 20, back at Ash Street- It's a really fun variety of things, with stand-up, sketch comedy, and movies. Hooray!

A nice feature last night was that I got to meet the man behind the mask of the Famous Mysterious Actor- when I shook his hand and heard the voice that reminds me to fear skele-tons and not to trust ninjas, I felt like I was meeting comedy Batman, but without the crime-fighting accessory belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment